Tuesday, September 27, 2011

MO. COPS REOPEN KATIE SEEFELDT '02 DISAPPEARANCE

KATIE SEEFELDT was just 12 when she vanished from Jackson County, Missouri. Cops investigating at the time believed she had run away from home but now, nine years later a new effort is underway to find out what happened to her.
Her mom Sholly told a local TV station: "She was very outgoing and loving." But she added that her daughter was also pushing the boundaries."I wanted her not to be the wild child that I was, which she kind of resented me for that. In October
2002, Katie was grounded. They were living in a neighborhood near 18th Street and Highway 24 in Independence. Early one Sunday, about 1 a.m., the phone rang and Katie answered it."(She) said, 'You guys know I can't have phone calls this late, and if you continue to call me, my mom is going to keep me grounded longer,'" Sholly Seefeldt said. She said when she woke up the next morning, her daughter and a lot of her new clothes were gone. "I had a bad feeling in my gut," she said. "There was nothing really bad between us. That's why I'm having, that's where my hard time is."
In 2007, the Center for Missing and Exploited Children made an age-progression photo of Katie Seefeldt, showing what she might look like at 16. It generated no tips. Answers about Katie, now 21, remain elusive. They said they're reopening the cold case because nine years have passed. Anyone who knows anything about her whereabouts is asked to call the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at 816-524-4302 or the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment