Friday, August 19, 2011

SIMONE GREBE 1977 MURDER 'AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY'

SHE WAS HOT. Stunning, cool, Simone Grebe was every man's dream in the dying days of flower power. In the fall of 1977, she arrived in the Philly suburb of Morrisville in a Ford Fairlane. No one quite knew how to take her. She was edgy, played chess and told stories. She was divorced. Lost a baby. battled cancer. Then, not six months after she arrived she was found murdered, stabbed to death in her apartment. It was February 1978.
But no one really knew the victim and theories on her murder flourished like weeds. She hung out with bikers, did drugs, was a rich girl. And now, all these years later cops still don't know the whos or whys of Simone Grebe's murder. One retired cop was blunt: "It was an exercise in futility--what can I say?"


Cops did learn this: she was about 30, born in England, grew up in Canada. After that...a series of conflicting stories. The one thing people interviewed at the time agreed on was that while Grebe was sexy, she wasn't very nice. She treated others like they were "stupid" and "that she could do anything better than you."
Detectives believe that whoever murdered her knew their way around a crime scene. her apartment was spotless, devoid of clues even though she had been ripped open with knives. But no blood.
MORE ON SIMONE GREBE MURDER

3 comments:

  1. She was my sister and no one ever talked to me or my father. The articles on her death are written so poorly that it makes me sick. If I was older when she passed maybe the truth could have been written, other than what "people" said about her. She did not come from a family of money, and now I am in my senior years seeing this makes me livid. Such poor writing and leads me to believe that I can understand it is a cold case. Small town didn't do the job they should have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was my friend. I first met Simone in Philadelphia. We met regularly and went out on the town together. She spent holiday dinners with me and my family. She told me that her husband and child were killed in a car accident. She did not speak of her past very much and I did not pry. She was a good friend. I had dinner with her the night she was brutally murdered. My fingerprints were on the plates and silverware. I, of course, did not commit that horrendous crime and was excused by police. I am thankful there was no mention of my presence in the tabloids. I told police who I thought could and would do this viscous act. The person in question was the son of prominent business owners in Morrisville. Guess he had an alibi. I am sorry for your loss. I am sorry for Simones loss! I am sad that the killer has not been brought to justice.

    ReplyDelete