Monday, September 26, 2011


A FORMER P-Diddy protege, G-Dep who confessed to an 18-year-old murder could end up spending the next 15-year behind bars.
Back in 1993, the once promising rapper, who's real name is Trevell Coleman gunned down John Henkel outside of a New York housing complex.
He then went on to be signed by Bad Boy records owned by Sean Combs AKA P-Diddy, but his album Child Of The Ghetto peaked at just 106 in the charts and he was quickly dropped.   
Although he scored a few hits since then, the 36-year-old's life has been mired with drug and alcohol problems and he made he admitted the murder in a bid to unburden himself as part of a 12-step drug program.
"I'm just trying to get right with God," he said at the time.
But it seems he hadn't realized that Henkel had died as a result of the attack and now the New York DA is refusing his bid to have the charges downgraded to manslaughter according to the New York Post.
Defense lawyer Anthony Ricco said: "I realize there are a lot of public pressure issues, and image issues."
He blamed the prosecution's hard line on the press the case has garnered and a publicity-conscious new DA, Cyrus Vance, adding the case would have remained ice cold without his client coming forward.
But prosecutors are refusing to budge and he now faces up to 15-years behind bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment