Monday, August 15, 2011

FAMILY WANTS JUSTICE IN 1995 ROSIE TAPIA MURDER

FOR 16 dark years, the brutal rape murder of tiny 5-year-old Rosie Tapia has gone unsolved. In August 1995 the little girl was snatched from her Salt Lake City bedroom as she slept in the middle of the night. Her body was later discovered in the Jordan River. The child had been sexually attacked and brutally murdered. No one has ever been charged in the grisly slaying that stunned Utah.
Her mom Lewine Tapia said: "I miss her so much," said Tapia. "To me it seems like just another day, it doesn't feel like it's been 16 years. I still feel that
she's still real close to me even though I can't see her, I can still feel her. I miss her so much. It's still hard. I don't think it will ever get easier for me unless I find that person who took her."
Detectives always believed that she was grabbed by a neighbor or someone who knew her family.
The family has been heartened by advances in cold case investigations but are begging for help.
The lead detective in the case is convinced the murder can be solved, but officials need help. They ask anyone who might have information to call the anonymous tip line 801-799-INFO.


No comments:

Post a Comment