Tuesday, February 11, 2014

CORTNEY CLAYTON MURDER: SUSPICIONS RUN DEEP

Cortney Clayton went for an evening walk on the evening of Sept. 2, 1988 to get a soda from a nearby convenience store in her tiny hometown of Stamford, Texas. The pretty little girl never came home and on Sunday, March 26, 1989 the 7-year-old's remains were discovered in a field 50 miles away.
Her family said that she was a smart, adventurous and happy child. With just 4,000 people, many townspeople have always felt the killer was from Stamford.
''I have always felt that somebody here in town knows something,''  Candy Clayton, Cortney's mother, said in 2007. ''Even if they don't know they know it. 'One good thing about living in Stamford is that people here haven't forgotten about Cortney." By the time Cortney's body was found by a hunter, there was little evidence at the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to submit a tip thru the Texas Rangers’ Cold Case website or contact us at the Missing Persons Watts Line: 1-800-346-3243 .

4 comments:

  1. I think looking into Russ Baize would be a good idea. The man has a history of horrific abuse with his own children and was caught trying to pick up underage girls on the internet. Or as much as I hate to be the one to put it out there but when I was 12 I had gotten into an altercation with police. The officer involved was her brother John. I was an innocent that got caught up with the drama going on but ended up being tackled by her brother. I of course freaked out, I was 12 and a lot smaller than this guy. He threw me on the ground and got on top of me and told me that if I wasn't careful he would do to me what he did to his sister. I think it could be possible that John killed her and the parents covered it up. I'm from Stamford and msystem wasn't really in a part of town that visitors would automatically go because on the main stretch of road through town was were all the convenience stores and business were. Not to mention everybody knows everybody, if there were some random guy from out of town there people would've remembered seeing a stranger. It's either Baize or a family cover up.

    ReplyDelete